Cart 0
  1. Twitter
  2. Instagram
Blog

KONE FRIENDLY AUTOMATIC DRIP COFFEE MAKERS

Around the Able households we are often changing diapers, making breakfast, packing lunches, or hosting dinner parties. A simple, convenient, and KONE friendly drip coffee maker has always been a must! After experimenting with the many drip coffee makers available, we quickly learned that the Technivorm Moccamaster and Bonavita were the ideal coffee makers for this.

With their controlled water temperature and brew cycles we were enjoying sweet, delicious, and balanced coffee at the flip of a switch. Below are some examples of how we enjoy brewing with our KONE Coffee Filter on the the Technivorm Moccamaster and Bonavita coffee makers.

A recipe we enjoy at home:

Put  9 tablespoons (55grams) of fresh ground coffee in Kone.

Fill coffee maker with 30 ounces (900ml) of filtered water.

Push button and enjoy delicious coffee!

Technivorm Moccamaster KBGT - 741 Coffee Maker + Chemex + Kone + Drumroaster Coffee

Moccamaster KBGT - 741 Coffee Maker + Let's Brew KanteenKone + Drumroaster Coffee

Bonavita Coffee Maker + Kone + Chemex + Roseline Coffee

Bonavita Coffee Maker + Gold Kone + Chemex Wood CollarStumptown Coffee

Bonavita Coffee Maker + Kone + Roseline Coffee

BREWING WITH TECHNIVORM MOCCAMASTER

For accurate and convenient grinding we love the Baratza Virtuoso + Esatto

Experiment with your coffee to water ratio. 1-15, 1-16, & 1-17 are all great ratios to start with.

BREWING WITH BONAVITA

ENJOY!

Comments

1. I’ve had pretty good success using the Kone with my Bonavita w/thermal carafe. It’s a tight fit, but it works great. I’m not too interested in pour over, but seeing the standard Chemex carafe sitting so nicely on the Bonavita, I may need to pick one up just for that! I’m surprised you guys didn’t mention the Ratio, doesn’t it ship with one of your filters in it?

Posted by Alex
  2. Alex,

Glad you enjoy our post. The Ratio is yet to be released but once it becomes available we will be sure to do a post about it. We are excited about the machine and the partnership we have made with them.

Posted by Able Brewing
  3. The illustration is great about the drip coffee maker….

Posted by Amit
  4. Have you used the Moccamaster with the KBS? It looks like it would be a good fit, possibly a bit wide.

Posted by Adam
  5. Can you fit the Able Brewing System under the Bonavita?

Posted by Dean
  6. It is actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing. bakbdcadaecb

Posted by Johnd222
  7. I am a big fan of the Kone. I make what my family claims is a very good cup of coffee using 6 Tbsp Peet’s Major D with 2 cups of water. I heat the water to boiling then transfer to a heated Level Kettle as recommended by Able. Then pour in just enough water to wet the grounds, let them stand for 30 seconds, then pour the remainder of the water very slowly in a thin stream directly in the center of the Kone. Unfortunately I don’t always have time to do this so I was interested in the use of a Bona Vita Automatic as described above. I got the Bona Vita and found that it does indeed make excellent coffee on its own. But when I tried to use my Kone+Chemex with it, the result was disappointing, bordering on miserable. I expected better results than the manual method because the BV water is at the ideal extraction temperature, which is not the case in the manual method. I did turn the Bona Vita off as soon as the coffee was covered and let it bloom for 30 seconds, then turned the BV back on. Any good ideas about what I might do next?

Posted by Jim Gibbons
  8. Hi Jim,

Thank you for your feedback, we’re happy to help. To help us better understand the disappointing result, are you experiencing a cup that is weak in taste or too strong? This will give us a better idea of right solution.

The variable might be the “cups” measurement. For example the “cups” measurement on the Bonavita is a European cup (5oz) and this could be different than the cup size that you are using for your manual brew process? Based on your 6tbs recipe you should be filling the Bonavita up too the 4cup line.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or feedback.

Posted by Able Brewing
  9. How to get a cup of coffee from Kone+Chemex+BonaVita that is essentially indistinguishable from coffee produced manually in the Kone+Chemex with a Level Kettle.

Place the Kone in the Chemex and put in 35 mg coffee at a medium coarse grind.
    Load the BonaVita water chamber with 500 ml cold, filtered water.
    Turn on BonaVita very briefly ( 10 seconds or so) until coffee is just covered with water. Turn BV off and let the coffee bloom for 30-45 seconds. Turn the BV back on and let coffee finish brewing.

The coffee is good without the bloom cycle, but not as good as it can be.

Posted by Jim Gibbons